Saturday, February 28, 2009

Love Them from the Moment They Begin

Today I managed to take this picture just before I exploded into a sparkling confetti of hearts and rainbows.

More cute overload

"...if you like your kids, if you love them from the moment they begin, you yourself begin all over again, in them, with them, and so there is something more to the world again."--William Saroyen,
Here Comes There Goes You Know Who.

Morning sickness has receded, for the most part. I was grateful for it, of course, but it really sapped me. As I had with Ike, I usually felt best right when I woke up, but I would infinitely degrade for the rest of the day. My sense of smell sharpened and the world was full of assaulting stenches. We had a Super Bowl party right when I started feeling bad, and just the memory of wafting beer, cold cuts, and queso dip makes me turn green. I asked Dave if he would mind limiting our family to two children. I knew there was no way I could ever do this again.

I got by on rice and egg noodles, mostly. But food sounds good again, and I am eternally hungry. I want yeast rolls with cinnamon butter! Gelato! A Chinese buffet! And feeling better has me all amnesiac. More babies sound good again; I'm sure I could hobble through "morning" sickness one more time!

Welcome to Ms. Sarcy's wild ride. I cry when I see babies--even illustrated ones in Ike's books--because they are all so precious (though not as precious as Ike). I cried because Dave turned down the volume on the TV while I was watching something, and I knew it meant he hated me. Maybe it's because none of my pants fit. I think I have jeans in five different sizes, and they're all either too small or too big, and I know they're all going to skip right along to too small at any second. So I've just resigned myself to never leaving the house, unless I need some Chocolate Underground yogurt or salt-and-vinegar potato chips.


It'll be okay. There's good company at my house.

Topknot


1 comment:

  1. OK, so now you've kind of made ME cry! Way too many hormones round these parts. I just want to kiss Ike and give him a good squeeze. What a precious face.

    ReplyDelete